The purpose of Business & IT Alignment is to optimize the value that IT contributes to the enterprise. Use this step-by-step program – rich with proven tools & research - as the first step to successfully outlining a strategic roadmap for your organization.
An organization has successfully aligned IT strategy to business strategy when there is:
- A shared understanding of how IT applications, technologies and services will contribute to business objectives – today and in the future.
- A shared focus on where to expend scarce resources, time and money; the tradeoffs the enterprise is prepared to make.
- A credible working relationship between the IT organization and the rest of the business evidenced by reliable daily operations, responsive problem management and predictable, innovative solution delivery.
Info-Tech’s Aligning IT & Business Goals program includes tools & related research to complete three main steps:
- Set Conditions to Achieve Alignment
- Determine IT Value Imperatives
- Assess IT Organizational Alignment
- Develop IT Vision and Mission
When you have completed our Aligning IT & Business Goals program you will have:
- Support from key executives to participate in developing the IT Strategy.
- An understanding of how emerging technologies, applications and trends can or will impact your enterprise and your IT organization.
- Clear expectations of how IT will contribute to reaching the company’s business goals and objectives.
- A defined articulation of IT’s role in, and value to, the enterprise for the strategic horizon.
List of Resources Included:
- Stakeholder Guidelines and Analysis Tool
- IT Strategy and Roadmap Scope Statement
- SME IT Strategic Plan Template
- Kickoff Meeting Template
- Stakeholder Needs Analysis Matrix
- Assessing Enterprise Strategy Tool
- Enterprise Strategy and Goals Tool
- Key Success Factors Analysis Tool
- Innovator, Housekeeper or Survivor Questionnaire
- IT Imperatives Tool
- IT/Business Alignment Measurement Tool
- Priority Index
- Project Ranking Framework
- IT Service Model Alignment Tool
- IT/Business Interaction Model
- IT Vision Meeting Agenda
- IT Vision and Mission Statements Template
- Managing Business Expectations of IT Projects
- Simple IT Strategy Better Than No IT Strategy
- Improve IT/Business Alignment with Solid Planning
- Champion Clear Communications for Project Wins
- Are you an Innovator, Housekeeper or Survivor?
- How To Become An Innovator
- Moving Out of Survivor Mode
- The Goal of IT/Business Alignment: Why so Elusive?
- Give IT and Business an Attitude Alignment
- Five Ways to Improve IT/Business Alignment
- Create an IT Plan without a Business Strategy
- How Aligned Are You?
- Structurally Fit: IT/Business Organization Alignment
- Develop a Process for Managing IT Service Delivery
- Internal SLAs: Business Expectations Must Match IT Resources
Each bundle is a zipped file housing customizable Word templates and Excel Tools. Simply unzip, add your company logo, and you're good to go.